December 04, 2012
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Grand Hyatt Washington
Join us Tuesday for our half day conference: Fixing the Debt: Reforming the Tax Code and Federal Health Spending. The event is being convened by the Campaign to Fix the Debt to bring a diverse group of key health, tax and budget thought leaders together to have a constructive conversation about a path forward on a budget deal. It will consist of two parts – a federal health spending roundtable discussion beginning at 8:50 AM and a tax reform roundtable discussion beginning at 10:50 AM.
Breakfast and refreshments will be served.
The following speakers will be participating in our roundtable panels:
* The Honorable Phil Bredesen
* David Cote, CEO, Honeywell
* The Honorable Vic Fazio
* Michael Peterson, President, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
* Alice Rivlin, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
* Robert Zoellick, former President of the World Bank
* Stuart Butler, Distinguished Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
* John Engler, President, Business Roundtable
* Bill Gale, Senior Fellow, Brooking Institution and Co-Director, Tax Policy Center
* Dr. Lawrence Lindsey, President and CEO, The Lindsey Group
* Donald Marron, Urban Institute; Director, Tax Policy Center
* Will Marshall, Progressive Policy Institute
* The Honorable Bob Packwood
* John Podesta, Chair, Center for American Progress
* John Rother, National Coalition on Health Care
* Paul Stebbins, Executive Chairman, World Fuel Services Corporation
* Neera Tanden, President, Center for American Progress
* Mark Zandi, Moody’s Analytics
* Maya MacGuineas, President, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
Remarks will be made by Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), and Gene Sperling, Director of the National Economic Council.
We hope to see you at this important conversation.
Please RSVP here.