PPI and the Lisbon Council present an event to examine the possibility of using the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) to find common ground and drive the regulatory convergence that has the potential to set new, global standards in data-driven trade. The summit will be informed and enriched by new research on data-driven trade, as well as the participation of the Digital Trade Study Group, a high-level delegation of US Congressional staff members.
- Giuseppe Abbamonte, director, media and data, DG communications networks, content and technology, European Commission
- Richard Benjamins, group director, business intelligence and big data, Telefónica
- Elena Bryan, senior trade representative, office of the US trade representative, United States Mission to the European Union
- Damien Levie, deputy chief European negotiator for TTIP; head of unit, trade relations with North America, DG trade, European Commission
- Bernie McKay, vice president for global corporate affairs, Intuit
- Michael Mandel, chief economic strategist, Progressive Policy Institute
- Christian Reimsbach-Kounatze, economist, information, communications and consumer policy, directorate for science, technology and industry, OECD
- Gustavo Vinacua, director, innovation centers and open innovation, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA)
- Martin Wrigley, general manager, Europe, Application Developers Alliance
Sessions will be moderated by Will Marshall, president and founder of Progressive Policy Institute, and Ann Mettler, executive director and co-founder of the Lisbon Council.
If you plan on attending this summit, please send an e-mail at your earliest convenience with the subject heading “Data-Driven Trade” to: email@example.com. Seats will be distributed on a first-come, first served basis. Only registered participants will have access to the venue.