The Progressive Policy Institute is currently seeking to fill the positions listed below. Please check back for future openings. Thank you for your interest in the Progressive Policy Institute.
Public Affairs Internship
The Progressive Policy Institute is seeking public affairs interns for Spring 2015.
Spring 2015: January – May
An ideal candidate will be a political and news junkie with prior experience working in public affairs. Must have a genuine interest in domestic politics, foreign policy, current national issues and a working knowledge of social media networks. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, and the facility to drive results and to consistently meet deadlines are a must.
◦ Compiling and organizing daily news clips
◦ Fact checking releases, op-eds, studies, and reports
◦ Updating press and media contact lists
◦ Assisting with the organization’s viral media and social networking operations
◦ Conducting research and compiling statistics for editorial and web materials
◦ Occasionally drafting statements, op-eds and press releases
◦ Laying-out website and press materials
◦ Assisting with daily operations
◦ General office work
◦ Proficiency in Microsoft Office
◦ Strong internet skills and intuition
◦ Excellent verbal and writing skills
◦ Ability to be a team player and to work in a fast-paced environment
◦ Flexibility and dedication
◦ Knowledge of AP Style
◦ Interest in politics and foreign policy
◦ Intellectual curiosity
◦ Experience working with press
◦ Experience working with the blogosphere
◦ Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites
◦ Knowledge of social-networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
◦ Appreciation for image
◦ Graphic design sensibility
We are currently seeking interns interested in working part-time (approximately 15-25 hours) during regular weekday hours, but are flexible to other hours based on students’ needs. This opportunity is unpaid.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples (1-3 pages in length each) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Due to the number of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Progressive Policy Institute is looking for editorial interns for Spring 2015.
Spring 2015: January – May
PPI is a nonprofit think tank that seeks to define and promote a new progressive politics for the 21st century. PPI was the main purveyor of policy innovations to Bill Clinton’s New Democrats — break-the-mold ideas that also migrated to Britain and other democratic countries around the world under the rubric of the “third way.” Today, PPI remains at the forefront of promoting a pragmatic and responsible progressivism.
Editorial interns will:
- Assist in researching, fact-checking, and copyediting policy reports, op-eds, and blog posts for our website.
- Help us find prospective authors and leading thinkers on different policy areas by monitoring policy journals, political magazines, newspapers, and blogs.
- Perform some production duties, such as finding photos and art for our publications and posts, publishing edited blog posts in WordPress, laying out policy reports and memos in Adobe InDesign, and other related tasks.
- Correspond with authors and assist the managing editor in handling workflow.
- Assist with office and general administrative duties.
We are looking for interns with strong writing and editing skills, exceptional critical thinking, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet research. Familiarity with Macs, Photoshop, and InDesign is a huge plus.
The ideal candidate is a policy wonk and a political junkie, with experience working on the college newspaper or other publications.
This is a part-time position. We’re looking for someone who work 15-25 hours a week.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples (2-5 pages in length each) to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Due to the number of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.